Baobab & Orange Muffins
Ingredients115g butter, melted
315g self-raising flour
10g baking powder
150g light brown sugar
25g orange zest
For butter cream
300g icing sugar
150g unsalted butter
40g baobab jam
5ml vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 180°c/gas mark 4.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the sugar and eggs together until light.
- Add the yoghurt, milk and melted butter. Mix on a low speed.
- When mixed, add the flour, baking powder and orange zest until mixed through.
- Transfer mixture to eight cupcake cases in a suitable baking tray.
- Bake for 20 -25 minutes.
- In the meantime make the butter cream icing
- Beat the butter until soft, add the icing sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla essence and baobab jam.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and allow to cool.
- Pipe the butter cream on to the cakes.
- Sprinkle some extra orange zest on the top.