Rooibos Matcha Parfaits
40g (approx. 5) dates, pitted
40g ground almonds
2 tsp Minvita Rooibos Matcha Powder
2 tbsp pure maple syrup
150g COYO Vanilla Yoghurt Alternative
125g crushed raspberries
You’ve got to know life is good when a February Monday sees us whipping up desserts in a sunny Minvita kitchen! Really, if it wasn’t for the crisp air we could have believed it was summer; especially on tasting some of the sweet-meets-tart flavour notes.
And there must be something subconscious going on with this one. Just the other day we were discussing the days of Neopolitan ice cream and then we find ourselves layering this three coloured dessert, which dare we say tastes all the better! And it’s dairy-free, gluten-free and vegan.
You’ll see the filling contains COYO’s Vanilla Yogurt, and we felt it important to say this isn’t a collab yet rather the very ingredient we pluck from the Minvita fridge whenever we want a rich creamy texture.
We’ve mentioned the flavour notes, and it was with great intrigue we challenged our ever willing taste tester to tell us which Minvita ingredient could be found within. They guessed Baobab stirred into the raspberries, but really it’s the Rooibos Matcha Powder that lends an aromatic kick to the syrupy base.
It’s another no-cook family-friendly dessert guys! Here’s how it’s made…
Quantity: serves 2 (pictured as 1 whopping pud!)
1. Blend your dates to a fine-to-medium powder. Add your ground almonds, maple syrup and Rooibos Matcha Powder and combine thoroughly. You should be left with a firm yet pliable mix, with a bit of stick. If it’s not sticky enough, you could add a drop more maple syrup.
2. Spoon your mixture into the base of your glass serving container. Press down and into the edges. We used a blender stick for this, but the back of a spoon should do the trick.
3. Next, layer your COYO Vanilla Yoghurt over the base.
4. Wash your raspberries and crush with the back of a fork. Spoon this over your mix and to the top of your jar.
5. Grab a spoon…and we reckon you know what to do next.
And for the love of Minvita, send us your pics! We keep an eye out for your tags on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest. And you may even appear in our monthly Minvita mail!
Fancy a freebie meanwhile? Here’s how to nab yourself some Moringa.