Beet + Baobab Ginger-Aid
1 bunch celery
4 pieces (250g) cooked beetroot in natural juices
Fresh ginger to preference (we use 2-3 inches)
1 tsp baobab
1 tsp cinnamon
Pinch Himalayan or sea salt
The final recipe in our festive series – a fantastic recovery juice to sip between parties! This one also has enough pizzaz (and seasonal prettiness) to serve in champagne flutes come brunch.
Let’s take a quick look at what’s inside:
* Celery to rehydrate and calm
* Ginger to ease nausea and aid digestion
* Orange, vitamin C and Baobab to energise and protect
TIP: alternate Baobab with our new Detox Superfood Blend for addition cleansing support!
* Beetroot to cleanse and boost
* Cinnamon for blood sugar settling
* Salt to support mineral balance
MAKE A BATCH (quantities per glass – makes one large serving):
1. Wash celery thoroughly and chop into small (1-2″) chunks.
2. Peel and chop the orange, lemon and ginger. For the fruit, this is skin only; the pith can remain. Again, we’re aiming for small chunks.
3. Drain and chop the beetroot.
4. Add all of the above ingredients to your juicer, following its instructions for best use. We tend to alternate between the crunchy celery and the juicier produce to yield the greatest quantity.
5. Finally, stir in the Baobab, Cinnamon and Salt. Use a fork to whisk and blend thoroughly.
6. Serve or chill for later use (the sooner you drink it, the higher the nutrients. We’d advise chilling for no longer than overnight). And you know what we’re going to say next…send us your pics by Twitter, Instagram, Facebook &/or Pinterest!
Cheers to your party recovery. Need more tips? Read our full post-party recovery guide (solving six of your most common post-party problems!).
You can also receive exclusive tips and features free to your inbox by signing up for our monthly wellness mailing.