Nadia's Healthy Kitchen's Superfood Chocolate Mousse Parfait
MAKES 5 x PARFAITS
2 ripe Avocados
2 ripe Bananas (as ripe as poss for natural sweetness!)
4 tbsp Cashew Butter
5 tbsp Cocoa/Cacao Powder (make your own by blitzing your Cacao Nibs in a coffee or nut grinder!)
4 tbsp Preferred Plant Milk
4-5 tbsp Maple Syrup
1 tsp Minvita Detox Superfood Blend
Blueberry Maca Chia Jam:
200g Blueberries (fresh or frozen)
2 tbsp Chia Seeds
2 tsp Maca Powder
1-2 tbsp Maple Syrup
100g Raspberries (fresh or frozen)
Fresh berries and/or cacao nibs
This recipe is quite frankly a #webalance17 dream! Something that helps kickstart the body’s natural detoxifying action while letting us enjoy pots of chocolate (and all round prettiness!).
You may recognise the signature style of this pud, for its creator is none other than UK Health Food blogging superstar Nadia of Nadia’s Healthy Kitchen.
Nadia has kindly made this video to guide you through the recipe making process. Alternatively, hit print on this page and follow the steps below…
1. First, to make the mousse, blitz all mousse ingredients in your blender or food processor. You’re looking to achieve a smooth consistency.
2. Next, make the jam. Pop the blueberries in a small saucepan with a dash of water. Over a medium heat, gently cook the blueberries; mashing with your spoon to create a sauce.
3. Remove from the heat and then stir in the chia seeds and maca powder. Fold until thoroughly mixed. Set aside for 30 minutes to an hour.
4. For the compote, simply heat the raspberries in a small pan until you have a sauce. Set to one side to cool.
5. Finally, to bring it all together, layer each the mousse, chia jam and compote before topping with your choice of fresh berries and/or cacao nibs.
6. Enjoy immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
The heartiest thanks to Nadia for bringing this parfait into our lives! You can lust after the rest of her work via Instagram and YouTube, or on her blog (where you’ll also find the rest of her social feeds).
Want to receive recipes like these to your inbox? You’d better get yourself signed up for Minvita’s Monthly Mail. It’s free!