Indulgently Rich Cacao Nib Brownies: The Nice Version
Ingredients1/2 cup Minvita Cacao Superfood Nibs
3 free range eggs
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup coconut oil
2 cups coconut sugar or stevia
1 cup ground almonds or almond flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 pinch of salt (optional)
Brownies are one of our all-time favourite treats but here at Minvita we’re pretty health conscious, so we’ve cleverly devised a way to enjoy all that chocolatey goodness without the processed white sugar and high fat butter. Our recipe makes the most decadently delicious brownies that are perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth with better quality, healthier ingredients. Make sure to let them cool on a baking tray first – if you can resist! – then enjoy your freshly baked, gooey and warm brownies.
1. Preheat oven to 190°C
2. Pop the coconut oil in a medium to large saucepan and stir over a low heat. Once melted, add in the cocoa powder and stir well
3. Beat your eggs in a small bowl and mash your avocado into a pulp
4. Add the coconut sugar/stevia, baking powder, ground almonds or almond flour, vanilla extract and pinch of salt (optional) to your saucepan, stirring as you go
5. Take the beaten eggs and mashed avocado and add those into the saucepan also, continuing to stir well
6. Add your Minvita Cacao Superfood Nibs and carefully pour the mixture into a baking tray (line first if you wish!) and place in the centre of your pre-heated oven for around 25 minutes
7. After 25 mins your brownies should be done, but check the mixture with a cake tester. Safety first!
8. Enjoy your perfectly baked brownies!
Tip: Top with fresh raspberries or strawberries to make your brownies even more delicious with a sweet, fruity kick!