Laura's Baobab Banana Bread Biscuits
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Makes: 18 Biscuits
3 tbsp Minvita Baobab Superfruit Powder
2 large bananas (very ripe)
2 cups rolled oats
Our recipe comes to you this week from health, fitness and lifestyle blogger Laura (details below). We love how she incorporates our Baobab Superfruit Powder into her diet to support her new healthier and happier lifestyle and to benefit from every vitamin and nutrient it contains – as well as creating delicious recipes too, of course – over to you, Laura!
Before you mourn for your bruised bananas that you think you can no longer use, why not use some of them up for these Baobab Banana Bread Biscuits! They taste like classic banana bread but fit right into your biscuit jar!
This recipe is perfect, so simple to make, tastes delicious and is amazingly healthy with only 3 ingredients! Enjoy them on their own for breakfast, try them warm and even spread with a little nut butter! Either way, they taste amazing and I hope you enjoy!
1. Pre-heat oven to 175 degrees / 155 degrees (fan oven)
2. Place oats into blender or food processor and blend until oats become more like a flour consistency
3. In a large bowl, mash up bananas and add in blended oats and Baobab powder until smooth and everything is combined
4. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper (I also sprayed paper with non-stick spray to prevent biscuits sticking to the paper)
5. Drop dough by large tablespoons onto the baking tray and slightly flatten with spatula or fork.
6. Place Biscuits into the oven and bake for 9-12 minutes until biscuits are set* and are golden in colour
7. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 5-10 minutes.
8. Eat them warm or transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely 🙂
Enjoy! The cookies will keep for a few days in a covered container.
*These biscuits are not supposed to feel hard and crispy on cooking, they have a squidgy consistency like banana bread!
Laura is 24 from Cambridge. She has lost 120 lbs through healthier eating and exercise and is currently maintaining her weight. She dedicates herself to encouraging and motivating others to live a healthier lifestyle. She shares her journey on her blog – click here – and her Instagram – click here.