Refreshing Acai Berry Sorbet
3 tbsp Minvita Acai Berry Superfood Powder
1/2 cup frozen berries (blackberries, raspberries, blueberries)
1 large frozen banana
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1-3 tbsp almond milk
1 tsp maple syrup or natural honey (optional)
We adore sorbet – especially in summertime! – and can’t get enough of this wonderfully refreshing and vitamin-packed sorbet recipe. Blackberries, raspberries and blueberries create the most beautiful deep purple colour and our Acai Berry Superfood Powder means that you’re treating your body to countless vitamins and nutrients as well as cooling it down in the hot weather. A real treat, we’re sure you’ll love this zesty, bright and punchy sorbet for its flavour and simplicity.
1. Into a blender, add your Acai Berry Superfood Powder, frozen berries and banana and pulse for thirty seconds or until the fruit and powder has fully combined. Grate the zest of a quarter/half lemon and pop that in along with the lemon juice, and blend for a further ten seconds
2. Gradually add tablespoons of your almond milk – we like unsweetened for this recipe – and blend on a low speed. You want your mixture to look as thick as possible and beautifully creamy. We’ve underlined the word ‘gradually’ as it’s easy to add too much milk and end up with an acai berry smoothie – delicious, but not quite what we’re after! By slowly adding the milk you ensure that your sorbet stays thick and not too runny, and you may find that you only need one or two tablespoons to achieve this consistency. If you prefer a sweeter sorbet, now’s the time to add a teaspoon of maple syrup or natural honey
3. Once your mixture is ready, spoon it into a chilled stainless steel container and immediately place in the freezer
4. Every ten minutes, check your sorbet – it should be ready to serve after around 15-20 minutes
5. If your sorbet isn’t firm enough to serve, pop it back into the freezer for a further 5-10 minutes. When you can easily slide an ice cream scoop through your sorbet and get perfect ‘balls’, it’s ready to enjoy!
Tip: Waffle cones are available in every large supermarket and are a lovely way to serve your sorbet, especially for children. For adults, simply garnish with mint leaves or add an interesting twist with a drizzle of elderflower cordial!