Skin Within Warrior's Mean Bean Curry!
1 tin chopped tomatoes
3 fresh garlic cloves, crushed
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp mild madras curry powder
1 tsp dried chilli flakes
1 organic vegetable stock cube
2 cups red lentils, rinsed
1 tin chickpeas
1 tin butter beans
1 tsp nigella seeds
2 handfuls kale, washed
Salt & pepper
For the rice:
1 cup Minvita Organic Sprouted GABA Rice Black
1 cup brown rice
3 cups water
You know we get a kick out of sharing guest recipes with you! Anyone who thinks it’s all done by arrangement may be surprised to learn the majority of our guests have just happened to tag us in a mouth-watering shot on social. SO, most of the recipes you see are those that caught our eye and made us want to sprint back to the Minvita Kitchen!
This is exactly what happened with today’s guest – Instagram’s Skin Within Warrior. This fab lady is on a natural crusade against psoriasis while enjoying a creative, vegan, beauty-loving life as a married mum of one. Yes, she really is fab and you will love her recipes.
It was this #worldveganday recipe that grabbed our attention…
Makes 3 portions of Mean Bean Curry:
1. Gently fry the onion in a little olive oil until transparent.
2. Add garlic and fry for a further two minutes.
3. Add curry powder and chilli flakes; heating for 5 minutes to release the aromas.
4. Next, add your chopped tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Pour into a slow cooker with the rinsed lentils, chickpeas and butter beans. Cook on high for 1 hour, and then turn to low for a further 3 hours.
6. Just over 40 minutes before serving, boil 3 cups of water, add both rice and simmer for the full 40 minutes with the lid on. Be sure to keep an eye on the rice to ensure there is ample water to prevent sticking/burning!
7. At 30 minutes before the end of cooking, throw in two handfuls of washed kale.
8. Serve the rice in warmed bowls and top each with fresh coriander. Ladle the curry over the rice and sprinkle with Nigella seeds. Enjoy!
Isn’t it beautiful? Thank you so much for so generously sharing this recipe with us! Everyone, do be sure to follow Skin Within Warrior on Instagram; make a batch of this curry and tag us both in your pics!
You can find (and share your own recipes with!) us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook & Pinterest.
To get more healthy comfort dishes straight to your inbox, make sure to join our free Monthly Minvita Mail. You’ll also receive exclusive Minvita discounts, plus access to expert wellness tips, giveaways and more!