Super Coconut Lollies
1 can coconut milk
1 tbsp superfood powder (we used Aguaje)
Up to 5 tbsp maple syrup (or preferred natural sweetener)
500g/2 packs of strawberries (or your choice of soft fruit)
Yes, we actually made this recipe on a rainy weekend. Yes, we ate it indoors, but, oh yes, it tasted good! And we know it’s going to taste all the better on those sweltering days when you just want to dip your feet in chilled water while sipping and eating everything iced.
It’s also another great way to sneak some super goodness into your daily life; into any little souls who share it with you.
Please note: we used Aguaje superfood powder, which – due to its phytoestrogen content – is especially suited to teens and above. Really, this ingredient offers so much hormone-balancing and beautifying potential. That said, there’s no reason why you can’t make these lollies with your choice of Superfood Powder. Baobab springs to mind as the perfect full family choice that’ll lend a subtle citrus note to your lollies.
We want you to really play around with this one…and show us what you create!
Quantity: makes 8-10 lollies
1. Grab your strawberries, give them a wash, and chop the first pack into small pieces. Set aside.
2. Pop the contents of the second pack into a blender, or processer, and blitz until smooth. Empty into a bowl.
3. Stir your coconut milk, strawberry pieces and superfood powder of choice into the blended strawberries.
4. Taste before adding your natural sweetener spoon by spoon. We found 5 tbsp worked perfectly (you’ll find the fruit flavour is enhanced when frozen).
5. Pour into ice lolly moulds and freeze. We left ours overnight to enjoy as a morning snack.
6. Snap a quick pic before eating! You can find us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest.
Fancy a super green superfood lolly? Sign up for your free Moringa samples!